Blog: Einträge 15.09–29.12.2012

Out now: serienbrief 0.2.4

I just uploaded the new bugfix release 0.2.4 of serienbrief, the LaTeX form letter generator.

There have been problems with complex documents, probably caused by colliding aux files. This has been fixed by using different temp files for each form letter.

Additionally, the command line option --repeat has been introduced so that LaTeX can be called multiple times to e. g. get cross-references right.

Out now: b8 0.6

I just uploaded the new major release of my statistical ("Bayesian") PHP spam filter b8. A lot of work has been done and there are a lot of changes. If you experience any problem with the database update or any bug in general, please contact me!

From the ChangeLog, with comments:



Have a lot of fun with b8 :-)

Out now: vsmlist 0.1

I wanted to setup a small and easy mailing list for the music group of the local choir society, the Gesangverein 1860 Konradsreuth. First, I messed around with Mailman, but I wanted something much simpler.

Well, I didn't find any program that matched my needs. So I wrote my own: the very simple mailing list. After some weeks of initial testing and bugfixing, it does it's job now. So it's time to do a release and call it 0.1 :-)

Perhaps, somebody out there also looks for such a small mailing list solution that is only email-controlled without a web interface or the features of a fully-blown mailing list. If so: have a lot of fun :-)

b8 development goes on

There has been no release of b8, my PHP implemented statistical spam filter, for quite a while now. But b8’s not dead! It does it’s work day for day, here and probably on many other homepages. Just to say it: development goes on!

At the moment, I’m working on improvements on the database. The goal is to abstact the database layer in a way so that SQL backends can actually use multiple columns to store the data and don’t have to emulate the Berekely DB behaviour with only key-value-storage. Additionally, the infamous lastseen parameter will be finally kicked out, as it never has been used for anything and just eats computing time and database space.

As this is a one-man project, it will probably take me some more time until the new b8 0.6 release will be done. But I’m working on it :-)