vsmlist 0.3.0 released
I'm happy to be able to announce the new release 0.3.0 of vsmlist, the very simple mailing list! The last release of vsmlist dates back to 2015. Quite a lot has changed since if you want to run a mail server, cf. Mail servers nowadays and vsmlist.
Most notably, vsmlist now deals with SPF, DKIM and DMARC. From the ChangeLog:
- Enhancement: Using bind-tools' dig, vsmlist now looks up if a sender's domain sets a DMARC policy that could lead to delivery problems. If so, the sender's original mail is wrapped into a new one and sent from the mailing list itself, letting DMARC pass (provided the mail server does correct DKIM signing and SPF has been setup properly).
- Enhancement: Added bounces handling through setting the Return-Path and Errors-To headers to a list bounces address. Mail sent to this address is forwarded to the list admin. This also leads to the SPF setting being okay, as the Reply-To header matches the Sender.
- Enhancement: Added Sender, List-Id and List-Unsubscribe headers
- Bugfix: Fixed a configparser deprecation warning with Python >= 3.2.
- Change: The "subscribers" command has been removed.
- Enhancement: Added a "help" command sending an email with all command email addresses.
- Enhancement: Added options to send an email to the list's admin if a member is added or removed to or from a mailing list.
- Enhancement: Added custom "host" and "port" paramters of smtplib.SMTP to the config.
Have a lot of fun with vsmlist :-)